cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

SOLVED

Re: Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

Brian,

I did not see any post from you stating a list of accepted issues to be solved by PTC. I would expect to see at lease a note about it in this post. Let me know.

Thank you.

Hi Agnes...

It was during the PTC Live 2013 Conference... which was this past June in Anaheim, CA. I owe the group a comprehensive list of what was covered.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi Danilo...

I haven't posted the list yet. At the rate I'm going, it'll be time for the next conference before I get it up here.I'm still drowning in deadlines and other work and I can't get back to this. At this point, I'm literally just trying not to collapse from a heart attack. But I can't actually die... my project managers would kill me if I died. In fact, I'm pretty sure death wouldn't be an acceptable excuse for missing my deadlines.

I do have a large spreadsheet of issues and responses from PTC. It's just a big mess though... there are notes jotted all over the place and the only one who could make sense of it is me. I'll try to get back to this next weekend. By then my deadlines will have passed and I might have 5 minutes to breathe!

Thanks for your patience...

-Brian

Brian,

I can understand you boss' point. Death is unacceptable. After all, there are wireless connections.

And no Rohming charges!

Ugh, Brian.

You really need a couple of apprentices that you can put some of your workload on, and rather think of their death than your own.

I've got lots of parts that have instances in them, such as a flat state in a sheetmetal part. I then use both instances in a drawing for the part. When I Save a Copy of the Part, it correctly creates the new part and related drawing, but is doesn't rename the instances. I would like it to prompt to rename the instances in the save a copy window. This is espscially important in Windchill, as it has 2 possible outcomes:

A) Windchill doesn't let you complete the Save a Copy because it would create 2 different parts (instances) with the same name (one in each generic part).

B) Windchill lets you complete the Save a Copy, but removes the instances from the new part. In the drawing, the views that were refering to the Generic of the old part now refer to the Generic of the new part. The views that refered to the instance of the old part still refer to that instance.

Outside of Windchill there were quirks as well, but I haven't done that in a while, so I don't remember what excatly happened, but the drawing wouldn't open at all because it had a view refering to an instance that didn't exist anywhere.

Hi Keith...

Once upon a time you could get this kind of information from the model info window. I've tried unsuccessfully now for 20 minutes. Even setting the options to display the full path of each object in session, I do not actually GET the paths. The option seems to not work!

I'll get this on the list of requests. You can track the request on the updated spreadsheet of all requests which will be posted on the new Enhancement Requests for January 2014 Discussion thread (as soon as it's available).

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi Tim...

I've already added this as a part of Reinhard's message (the one he referenced about "Save_Display" above.

Thank you!

-Brian

Hi Agnes...

I know this is a very, very stale thread but I wanted to note that there is a config.pro option to automatically place the model into "sketch view" when entering a sketch. That option is:

sketcher_starts_in_2d yes

I hope that helps (unless you've already found it in which case... I'm sorry for the long delay!)

Thanks...

-Brian

Announcements