Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

SOLVED

Re: Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

have the "repeat" and "replace" options been clubbed somewhere here?

Into the graphics window... Strange I wasn't aware of this before. Even in Creo 2.0 Replace and Repeat is only available using RMB in the graphics window but not in the feature tree.

Repeat is available in main ribbon but Replace is under Operations.

Unless I misunderstood, it is available in model tree:

creo2_mdl_tree.png

It's Creo 2.0 M050.

You're correct. Grrr....I wish I took screenshots of what happened before as I wouldn't have written "Strange I wasn't aware of this before" when I checked it. Now I can't recreate the same behaviour...?

MAGNUS SALOMONSSON wrote:

Now I can't recreate the same behaviour...?

Guess you're working with some kind of alpha build then and it's one of it's "features" maybe?

BTW, did I understand you correctly, that now RMB menu have different options for model tree and graphics window? I'm not sure if I like this idea, because it adds a feeling of inconsistency to the menus (yeah, I know, nothing new really in ProE/Creo), but maybe I'd need to check how it works. So far RMB menu was the same regardless of place it was invoked and it feels better that way.

No the behaviour was in Creo 2.0.

The screenshot is from recorded PTC Live keynote session. I'm not doing any alpha testing. I guess since 3.0 release is around 1 year ahead of us this might not be the final design of RMB commands.

Thanks, I'm liking this one.

Thank you!

Welcome

Hi Brian,

Actually in the time since I posted that message, Tom (Antonius Dirriwachter) has contacted me, asking me if I could describe one of the bugs I catched, and so I did that. Then he managed to deliver the report I made to PTC support, and they were able to reproduce it.

This one is related to some leg breaking repeat region relations I have, and it simply doesn't let me to edit my repeat region relations from Creo 2.0 M030 and up. So, long story short: Hoooooorahh, till this time I was not able to report a bug in Creo so easily and thanks to Tom I did it. Maybe one day the newer versions of Creo are gonna be usable.

So, Brian, thank you for your offer, but for now I would like you to enjoy your last day there on the conference, and not to be troubled with bugs in Creo too much. Actually, I would also like you to have a look at Tom's ideas in this thread, and try to discuss those with some TC's, those are actually interesting.

Imagine having a ribbon that you could access in any mode. Well, right, there is this object-->action, and mode-->feature kind of like functionality constraint almost everywhere in Creo, but what if PTC just decided to get rid of that? Wouldn't that be a huge boost in usability of the software? For starters it would be great to have both object-->action, and action-->object capabilities to be there on all commands/features. Then the modes integration. Those are some big things actually.

In the future, whenever you got time, just poke me via PM, and in couple of days I can make a report of some other important bugs. I found few in FMX, some in layers, and other in regen of features inside parts.

~Jakub

Announcements