Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

Hi Jakub,

Actually... I did not get to relax on the last day. I was having a real hard time getting any of the numerous suggestions in front of PTC. I was down to the very last HOUR of the TC meetings and I had not made significant progress.

All of the TC meetings for the day (and for the conference) had ended. Only one session remained. It was called something like "User Annoyances with Creo Parametric". By the time I got there, the room was packed but there were not many suggestions being brought up. So... I kind opened the spreadsheet and raised as many issues as I could.

I got 4 of yours up there and at least 3 or 4 of Tom's up there, too. Transparency issues, the whole show_axes_extr_arcs problems... and many more. I tried to pick a few from each user... the ones that seemed to be the biggest ones. I'll write up a better report and post it as a blog. But overall, that last session was very good.

At least I will be able to fill out the spreadsheet and let people know that many of their concerns were raised. We can only hope PTC incorporates as many suggestions and enhancements as possible. It's unreasonable to believe they can get to all... or even most of them given time, budget, and resource restrictions. But some of them seemed to be easier than others and that gives me hope that they'll make it in soon.

Thanks again...

-Brian

Highlighted

Thanks Brian.

Hopefully, your efforts won't be for nothing after all, and that the people at PTC are ravenous (that's the word right?) enough to be able to build up on them.

~Jakub

Highlighted

Brian:

First let me say I appreciate your hard work with this committee.

I would like to see a selection to export a search path based on the current status of an assembly.

Here is how I imagine it working:

One opens an assembly model with or without a search path. The items loaded may be commodity items or specific versions of a part file stored in specific locations. It may be that when initially opened the parts are not found but after tediously searching for the items one can search around for them. Then one exports the current full path of all items as a single text file thus creating a search.pro file which applies to this specific version of your assembly.

I am sure there are other ways to acheive a similar result but I think this is the easiest way to ensure a complicated assembly which is loaded is reproduced in your next session.

Thanks,

Keith

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

where are you?how are you? i think you are extremely busy...nothing just waiting for you enhancement request excel.

Highlighted

where are you Brian? or did i miss the enhancement request excel?..............

Highlighted

Brian,

We are working in Creo 2.0 and one correction or enhancement I would like to have addressed is the geometry updating on the drawings.

Often times when a change as been made to the model the geometry does not update on the drawing unless you manually select Review>Update Sheets. In all prior versions the new geometry would automatically update. The dimensions update but the geometry does not. I have tried the config option: auto_regen_views=yes which does not seem to work.

This may be more of a glitch than an enhancement, but, it is very annoying and could lead to production errors.

Thanks,

Tim

Highlighted

Hello Tim,

see save_display eight postings up

Reinhard

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

Grant of you to do this!

What I'd like to improve is orientation; could we get hotkeys for standard views (FRONT, RIGHT)? And I'd also like to retrieve the functionality that automatically puts you're model in sketch view when entering a sketch.

discussed already; The thing I want to select is not always available in the query select menu and when it is it is often at the bottom of the list. (but I can imagine this commend is to general to process)

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

When is this PTC TC summer meeting?

Highlighted

I agree that hotkeys might be a nice idea (customisable, though) - but in the meantime, you could record a mapkey to select a particular view and assign it to a key or key sequence - maybe "v1", "v2" etc, or use some of the "F" keys.

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.