cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Error opening MFG flat pattern

mjclarke
1-Newbie

Error opening MFG flat pattern

I'm new to Pro/Cable and I am unable to open a harness flat pattern. The message I get is "Cable harness cannot be retrieved in this mode".

I don’t have any floating modules available, the harness-mfg and diagram are part of our package. I proved this to myself by creating a new harness from the cable part.

This cable was outsourced originally, and the person that knew it best at my location is no longer here.

Anyone know why I can't open the flat harness?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

The part file cannot be opened by itself.

Try opening the assembly file instead.

Best regards,

Frederick Burke

I should have mentioned, it is the assembly that I can't open. There are two assemblies in session, the titles have XXX_fr.asm and XXX_mr.asm and I cannot open either one.

One message is "Harness manufacturing assembly cannot be retrieved in this mode" (XXX_mr.asm)

And the other message is "Cabling harness cannot be retrieved in this mode" (XXX_fr.asm)

I don't know the significance of the naming.

FR and MR are probably Father and Mother...

You may have to ask if their cable can come out to play. (sorry couldn't
resist)

The flattened cable is created in the .mfg file.

If a section of the original cable was deleted and rerouted the
flattened cable is going to fail.

You can repair it by going to the .mfg file and "auto flatten" the part.

The mfg file does not always travel with the assembly... you may have to
pull it manually.

Give it a shot and see what falls out.

Best regards,

Frederick Burke

The answer is open the .mfg file to get the flat pattern.

Thanks to all that responded.

Michael,

Also note, that there is a config option in WF3 and above that has to be set to be able to open the XX_MR.asm.

Here is that option:

! Allows the *_MR01.ASM to be opened in assembly mode
allow_harn_mfg_assy_retrieval yes
!

Cheers,

Frank Mohr

Caterpillar Inc.

Top Tags