cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Feature has external dependency

Kladde
1-Newbie

Feature has external dependency

I want to modife pips in Piping. When doing it in the pipe asm I get a message that Feature has external dependency in ....

Wwhen continuing pro/e crashes. How do I dletet this dependency? I don't know what is coneccted to this asm.

error.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Kladde)

Your session should not be crashing. Something is wrong with your software installation. It could be a known bug. You might file a case for this to have customer support help you correct this.

As for the error, your session is not finding the files that were used to create this pipe. If the full original session was accessible when loading, you should not get this error. Can you load the assembly this pipe is used in? Then you can edit this pipe.

Hi Klaudiusz...

Did you get this to work? Antonius is right... this should not crash. You'll get that external references box any time you attempt to redefine an object that was defined outside your current assembly.

Apparently your pipe used geometry that was not in the current piping assembly. This is why you received the error. Please let us know if you resolved the crashing problem.

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags