cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing regenerations to complete the cycle.

Highlighted

Forcing regenerations to complete the cycle.

I've recently had issues with part features (wire routing) that references top-assy features/surfaces NOT regenerating properly, especially in dwg mode. I have an enclosure I designed that has a ground strap running from the box to the door. I can swap out the instance of the lower-level assembly of the box with between door-open/door-closed in the next level assembly instance and the strap regenerates fine, but often the dwg does NOT force that regen. I went into the top-level instance and redefined things, and it seems to be working...for now. I'm just afraid one of the lower-skilled users will get the dwg here next and freak out. Any way to force a thorough regen cycle? I've seen this problem since v15 now. Any fix in the works?
5 REPLIES 5

RE: Forcing regenerations to complete the cycle.

You can force regeneration using ModelCHECK in an assembly and also drawing: Analysis>ModelCHECK Regenerate>All Levels If this issue is happening in your drawing only, make sure that in the drawing you use: View>Update>All Sheets Also check that your config.pro option "auto_regen_views" is set to YES

"Andrew Deighton" wrote:

You can force regeneration using ModelCHECK in an assembly and also drawing: Analysis>ModelCHECK Regenerate>All Levels If this issue is happening in your drawing only, make sure that in the drawing you use: View>Update>All Sheets Also check that your config.pro option "auto_regen_views" is set to YES

You could create an offset datum as an early feature in the model, and create a relation which forces a regeneration, i.e. if the datum dimension is d10, the relation could be: d10=d10+0.1

"Andrew Deighton" wrote:

You could create an offset datum as an early feature in the model, and create a relation which forces a regeneration, i.e. if the datum dimension is d10, the relation could be: d10=d10+0.1

Re: RE: Forcing regenerations to complete the cycle.

Use Model Player

> Choose Tools > Model Player

> Select the << button to go to beginning of model (First feature)

> Click off Regenerate Features

> Click >>

This will force the regeneration of all the features in the model