cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Corruptions of PST

Marble

Frequent Corruptions of PST

Question for WinXP, Outlook2000 users.
We had a brief power outtage today, and when our machines came back up, 3 of my 24 users had corrupt inbox(.pst files, Microsoft Outlook). The truth is I have been seeing 1 to 2 a month of these. It seems to happen if your machine reboots or is shut off while Outlook is recieving an email).
One of the users was asking our IT guy, who happened to be passing by, about it. He says the problem doesn't happen anywhere else in the building, because everyone else runs a DELL machine, where we(engineering) run with "offbrand" workstations. I told him to be realistic, we're running on high quality hardware, running the same operating system. He then went on to say I probably wasn't setting up the personal folders right. Like thats difficult to set up. Better skip what I said to him next, or this email will bounce:)

I then calmly told him that our machines are are running unique software. ProE and Intralink may contain different services, oracle stuff, port usage, whatever. We certainly have more cases of "flash" reboots. I get reports occaisionally of people clicking Pro/Locate button (ilink3.4) and whamo - reboot. The corrupt inboxes always follow a suprise reboot/shutdown.

[[ScanPST.exe repair tool sometimes can fix, sometimes some, sometimes all is lost. We are not using UPS power supply at the current time. ]]

So my question to this audience is, do you who use PTC products and use Outlook see more frequent inbox corruptions than the rest of your office??? Any comments appreciated.

Announcements