cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

HOW TO ACCESS FEATURE PARAMETER USING CREO - AUTIOMATION

avijayan-2
12-Amethyst

HOW TO ACCESS FEATURE PARAMETER USING CREO - AUTIOMATION

Dear Experts,

I have several Pro/Piping model, what i am trying to do is from the piping feature i want to get hold onto the Diameter, Thickness & Bend Radius of the solid pipe. 
I am not able to find out which method i should use to get hold on the Feature Parameter's.

Any suggestion's will be really helpfull.

With Regards

Aghil.M

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Avijayan

you need to add the feature ID. After that you can use it inside the relation like a normal parameter.

PARAMETERNAME:FID_ID

DESCRIPTION_1_DE=TEST:FID_282

Br,

Eike

Hi Eike, 

Thanks for the reply. See i have a feature named "Solid_Pipe" in the feature tree,which i created using Pro_Piping module. So inside the "Line_Stock" i have specified the OD, Thickness & Bend_Radius of the pipe So i need to pull these values. Inside "Model_Parameter's" these values are not updated.

Can you please brief me what relation i should add to get hold on to these values.

Aghil.M

Like I write above. The relation is based on the Feature ID. 

you need to change your model tree that it show you the Feature IDs. After that you can write a relation like the mentioned one. To get the ID you can select the feature, show the parameter and select show all sub geometrie parameters. You get the ID of the subgeom from the first column.

I don't work much with pipes, so I don't know if it work for your case. I have some solid_pipes but all the parameters are directly on the part models. So it's pretty easy to get it with the mentioned line to the assemblys parameters. If you have it inside a subparameter of your part you need to get it to the part and then to the assembly. It need to be a closed feature path. You can't directly connect to a sub sub sub feature with an ID chain.

So if it's a too complex way, I think other ones would post an easier one.

Br,

Eike

Top Tags