cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Has anyone else tried running Wildfire 2.0 recently? It seems to be broken!

sdickinson-3
2-Guest

Has anyone else tried running Wildfire 2.0 recently? It seems to be broken!

I am sure that this is a shot in the dark but does anyone else still ever use Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0? If so, is you copy still working? I have a colleague who uses Wildfire 2.0 occasionally for compatibility with old Pro/INTRALINK databases but it seems to no longer work. I have tried running on 3 different workstations but with no luck. The software starts but then freezes at the point where you expect to be able to do a 'File > Open' or similar.

Any suggestions?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you to everyone that replied. The answer was the browser issue.

The fix is to edit the 'config.win' file and make the following edit. Find the line which starts '@auto_loading', then change the final digit on the line immediately below that, from a '1' to a '0' (see text in bold below).

@show_search 29 1

2 29 0

@auto_loading 30 1

2 30 0

@steps 31 1

2 31 5

The exact contents of your config.win will vary depending upon your installation but this change should fix the issue. This makes the change 'Tools - Customize Screen - Browser and uncheck Expand Browser by Default' without having to actually start the software.

It would be nice to know from PTC why this has actually broken, but I guess with old software like this they won't be interested. The browser in Wildfire 2.0 was always pretty pointless and now it is broken completely.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

License file compatibility? Are you running a newer license file or one from WF2 days?

mender
6-Contributor
(To:sdickinson-3)

Freezes when you try to File>Open?  Or freezes on startup and you can't even do File>Open?  If the former, check to see if the config is at fault, or if it is set up to talk to some old server that doesn't respond.  If the latter... if your loadpoint is on the network and thus the same for the different workstations, maybe some files there were damaged in the intervening years.

It's possible that using the System Monitor to get a set of call stacks, we could say what it is choking on (contact Tech Support to make a case for it).

Hi,

I can test your problem in Windows 7. Please tell me:

• what ProE WF2 Mxxx do you use
  • what operating system is installed on computers

MH

Martin Hanák
Gucio
14-Alexandrite

problem is with browser. You have to create config.win file with option that will not expand browser when Pro/e is started. it is hard to achieve, because you will have only few seconds to do this.

Krzysztof

Sam

Try adding this option to your config.pro file

web_browser_homepage about:blank

then re-launch CREO / ProE WF2
this should stop it from trying to open any web page.

Dave

I think you are correct and the web browser is at the root of the problem. Is there a specific build of Wildfire 2.0 where this issue exists or does it apply to all builds?

The problem appeared suddenly last week. The guys using Wildfire 2.0 were using the software every day and on Wednesday it was working and then on Thursday morning it stopped. No changes in hardware or software that I can detect.

Does anyone know what lines to change in the CONFIG.WIN to fix things?

Thanks,

Sam

Gucio
14-Alexandrite

‌hi,

in this case config.pro option is not enough. web browser should not be expanded.

Krzysztof

You are correct, the CONFIG.PRO option is not enough!

Hi.  Have you had any luck fixing this?  I'm having the same issue with WF 3.0.  I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling.  Reinstalled Windows.  Tried auto generated licenses and licenses emailed to me.  I've tried the webpage trick above.  Nothing.

Sounds like the same issue though.  Worked fine forever and when I tried to use it a week or two back it loads fine as usual.  Then it has always done a secondary loading that now just hangs forever.

If you found a solution, please share!  Thank you!

gjor
1-Newbie
(To:gjor)

I finally got it!  Hours and hours of frustration.  When it opens, very quickly got to Tools - Customize Screen - Browser and uncheck Expand Browser by Default While Loading Pro-E.  It will then freeze on you.  End the program and restart.  It's worked a couple times for me today now.

Good luck!

Thank you to everyone that replied. The answer was the browser issue.

The fix is to edit the 'config.win' file and make the following edit. Find the line which starts '@auto_loading', then change the final digit on the line immediately below that, from a '1' to a '0' (see text in bold below).

@show_search 29 1

2 29 0

@auto_loading 30 1

2 30 0

@steps 31 1

2 31 5

The exact contents of your config.win will vary depending upon your installation but this change should fix the issue. This makes the change 'Tools - Customize Screen - Browser and uncheck Expand Browser by Default' without having to actually start the software.

It would be nice to know from PTC why this has actually broken, but I guess with old software like this they won't be interested. The browser in Wildfire 2.0 was always pretty pointless and now it is broken completely.

If that solved your issue, don't forget to mark you answer as correct for those who may search on this topic.

I was sort of waiting until someone else had verified the fix... it worked for me!

Top Tags