cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Hoe to tell name of the wiring harness that was used to creat a wire part, from part only ?

tcraft
4-Participant

Hoe to tell name of the wiring harness that was used to creat a wire part, from part only ?

Is there a way to tell the name of the cabling assembly that created a wire part from the part only? We are trying to open a wire part but receive a message saying "Cabling harness cannot be opened in isolation. Please open the cabling assembly which contains this harness."  How do we find the name of the cabling assembly the wire part is looking for ?

3 REPLIES 3
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:tcraft)

I've not used the wiring harness functions of Creo, but if the wires are created in the harness and are then a component of an "assembly", you might find the following discussion helpful:

Where Used Discussion

Otherwise, I have no idea. One would think that if the wire file has any info on the harness that was used to create it, Creo would give you that info in the error message, but that's a big assumption, I guess.

tcraft
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Hi,

We looked at "Reference viewer" and "File History" in Creo. The "redefine the connection" gives the same comment (needs harness assembly) in Creo. In PDMLink we looked at "Related Objects", History, and "Where Used" but the parts and assemblies listed being open in the Creo session do not fix the issue. Thanks for trying

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:tcraft)

The batch file(s) created by the folks responding to the referenced discussion worked by looking into the actual assembly files - not using PDMLink or Windchill, etc. It's a somewhat crude brute force method, can take a bit of time, but might do the trick if the harness assembly used to create the wire has a reference to the parts it created.

Top Tags