cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How can I add a layer to a "harness" part.

vincecatlin
10-Marble

How can I add a layer to a "harness" part.

The "harness" part (in cabling) can not be opened independently. It can only be opened in the harness assembly which includes the connectors etc.

I seem to be unable to add a layer to this part. Does anyone know of a solution?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Vince,

is it possible to Activate harness part in Assembly mode ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I haven't tried to activate the harness part in assembly but I'll give that a try.

I have semi-successfully managed to add the layers.

The obvious problem is that the harness part can not be opened by itself. so the usual layer functionality is not available.

I have stumbled onto a goofy work-around where I select the feature (plane in this case) to add it to the layers of ANOTHER component.

THEN I get the little window where I can add the layer to the harness part.

I really hope to have the harness start part include all the layers next time.

Thanks

Top Tags