cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How can I control pipe branch cuts?

smurphy
3-Visitor

How can I control pipe branch cuts?

By default, piping tool seems cut intersection point based on the inner diameter of the pipe segment. I would like to change this default to outer diameter which matches the way my manufacturing shop constructs tees and saddle joints. Is there a way to change this default?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:smurphy)

Maybe a little schematic picture will help better understanding what you currently see and how you would like it to be instead?

(still no guarantee for a helpful answer, but another chance)

smurphy
3-Visitor
(To:gkoch)

Gunter,

I hope these images help. The top one is what I want to do in pro pipe. The bottom one is what I generated in pro pipe. The bottom one saddles the ID and I want to saddle the OD.

asm0003.jpgasm0002.jpg

smurphy
3-Visitor
(To:smurphy)

I also have these too. Top one is the OD saddle and the bottom one is the ID saddle.

prt0006.jpg

p20001.jpg

Top Tags