cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to add a backshell port to a variable connector?

glászló
4-Participant

How to add a backshell port to a variable connector?

Hi there!

I'm trying to make a variable connector with a backshell port, but I couldn't find any instructions how. In the help, it just says that the backshell ports doesn't count in the BID num_of_pins parameter. I just have to add another port to the connector, like I did with the one that will be multiplied according to the num_of_pins parameter? Or is there a special way to make backshell ports? How will the Creo Cabling handle these kind of ports in the 3D? It needs to have an entry_port parameter, the same way as the other ports?

Thanks,
Laszlo

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Laszlo,

regarding Creo Schematics , this is from the help :

"About Backshell Ports on Variable Group Connectors in Interconnect Diagrams

Note the following about variable group connector shapes in interconnect diagrams:

In an interconnect diagram, the number of pins on a wiring variable connector shape can be set by the num_of_pins parameter. Only one port is used in the catalog shape to represent the pins on the connector.

When you instance the wiring variable connector shape, the num_of_pins parameter is used to create members from the port with the highest index. In other words, the port that was instanced last in the wiring variable connector catalog shape.

A backshell port is a single port on a connector and is not counted in the num_of_pins parameter.

When you create the catalog wiring shape variable group connector, the last port instanced will be the one that represents the pins on the connector. You can instance one or more backshell ports before you instance the port representing the pins."

if the Backshell port has all required port parameters and appear in Cabling (As CSYS) it should be designated as any other port.

Regards,

Gaby

Top Tags