cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to make a wire/fiber splice in creoShematcis 2.0

schampagne
1-Newbie

How to make a wire/fiber splice in creoShematcis 2.0

Hi everyone,

I am new to Creo shematics and I have troubles making a simple splice on a wire. I precisely followed the indications in the doc page "To Insert a Splice" with no success; the cursor does not become "T shaped" as it is supposed.

I use creo schematics 2.0.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you need to create block (with proper diagram type) which include three ports organized as following :

• two ports are on the same horizontal plane with opposite directions (one point to the right and one point to the left)
  • 3rd port should point downwards, should be located in the middle between above ports ( in the same horizontal plane below)
  • datum point should be located at the intersection point of all three ports
  • for additional info, you can read the doc page "To Set a Branch Shape"

Video Link : 5033

Regards,

Gaby

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

you need to create block (with proper diagram type) which include three ports organized as following :

• two ports are on the same horizontal plane with opposite directions (one point to the right and one point to the left)
  • 3rd port should point downwards, should be located in the middle between above ports ( in the same horizontal plane below)
  • datum point should be located at the intersection point of all three ports
  • for additional info, you can read the doc page "To Set a Branch Shape"

Video Link : 5033

Regards,

Gaby

Thank you very much for your answer.

Is it possible to use a single dot style, like the documentation example in the section "About Splices"?

yes, just place the ports one over each other.

vegazva
1-Newbie
(To:Gaby_K)

Hi, Unable to fine the video

Top Tags