cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to use creo schematics to get a length of Wires & Cables

ywchoi
5-Regular Member

How to use creo schematics to get a length of Wires & Cables

How to use creo schematics to get a length of Wires & Cables!!

I am looking for solutions that a parameter in creo schematics get the length from creo cabling. We need to insert the length of wire and cable.

4 REPLIES 4
Gaby_K
7-Bedrock
(To:ywchoi)

Hi, 

Creo Schematics is not intend to be application for  manufacturing of harness, it is schematic tool for design of routed systems (Electrical and P&ID) ; The correct workflow should be : 

1. draw the schematics  in Creo Schematics - this should implement the logic and connectivity of the electrical design 
  2. export the electrical design as xml  to Creo Cabling 
  3. import the xml in Creo Cabling  Assembly
  4. rout the cables/wires 
  5. flatten harness using Creo harness manufacturing or Harness Manufacturing Extensions   

after flattening the harness you are getting electrical drawing (for manufacturing)  with the length of each cable/wire.  

if you insist to have length in Creo schematics i assume it can be done by using java API : 

create java class/method which read logical data exported from cabling and set the values in Creo Schematics .

Regards , 

Gaby

ywchoi
5-Regular Member
(To:Gaby_K)

Hello Gaby

Thank you so much for your reply^^

That is correct!! I want to get the length value from creo cabling using java API. But, I don't know java. I would like to find someone who can use java API.

Because the cable drawing is very simple, and instead of the harness manufacturing drawing, we use a wid sheet with wire length.

Please let me know something to do!!

Regards,

YW

ywchoi
5-Regular Member

I am looking for an expert who can do the creo schematic Java API.

bora4114@gmail.com

Regards,

YW

ywchoi
5-Regular Member

Our product drawings are very similar for both the schematic and cables. It is different that the cabling drawing has a length value. If there is a length value in the drawing of schematic. The schematics and cabling are all the same. Then we no longer need cabling drawings.

We input manually the length value that is wire parameter in schematics. The both schematics and cabling have all the same wires. Because wires are created XML.

ywchoi_0-1602073483573.png

I haven't thought about what to do and we have no idea yet. This step checks if it is technically possible.

YW

Top Tags