cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Insert->Advanced->Pipe - set default to spline?

KrisR
1-Newbie

Insert->Advanced->Pipe - set default to spline?

Is there a way to set the Pro/Pipe default option to spline instead of single rad?

2.png

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
James62
10-Marble
(To:KrisR)

I've read somewhere that you can change menu manager's defaults in menu_def.pro file which is located in text folder of Pro/E instalation, but I've never really figured out how to do that.

Hi Jakub...

Yep, this is quite true. Back before Wildfire, we used the menu_def.pro file to set the default settings for the old menu manager cascading menus. I'll have to look around and dig up an old file to check the format. I'm sure we can find one online if we just search menu_def.pro

Nice job pulling out the old school trivial knowledge!

-Brian

KrisR
1-Newbie
(To:KrisR)

I got this doc back from PTC support - haven't had a chance to delve into it yet....

Hi Kris...

Don't bother with the menu_def.pro. I already tried making the file and getting it to work- and it doesn't. You cannot reset the default for a menu that already has one... and this Connect Type menu already has one (Single Rad). You also can't set default for a compound menu... and Connect Type is compound. Therefore, you cannot override it due to these restrictions.

Waaaaay back in ancient history you could find text files for each menu set and tweak them. I don't think this was ever endorsed or mentioned as a formal possibility. But those days are long gone. I think you'd just stuck clicking the button... or else making a mapkey to drop you into Pipe->Spline without having to pick from the menu.

Once you're able to determine the licenses you have available, I'd like to ask... why are you using this type of pipe feature? While it does work, I've found it's not the best tool for most work requiring a pipe-like feature. Do you have access to any of the routed systems modules like Piping, Cabling, etc? Just wondering!

Thanks!

-Brian

We use this feature to run hydraulic hoses....and unfortunatley we have none of the Piping or Cabling licenses......we've tried pleading our case to get one seat, but we were unsuccessful.

So we are stuck.

How about just making a wee Map key that also pauses for appropriate input (multiple radius, outside diam etc) but defaults to spline?

Then make a pretty icon that drives the mapkey?

That is an option.....I've made simple maypkeys before, just would have to learn how to incorporate the pauses.

Hi Kris...

Incorporating the pauses is very simple. Just hit the Pause button during the mapkey creation. See below...

mapkey.png

Take care and have a good weekend!

-Brian

Top Tags