cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Intralink 3.4 062 on Windows 7

ptc-822556
1-Newbie

Intralink 3.4 062 on Windows 7

Good Morning,

I'm currently facing troubles to run Intralink 3.4 062 on Windows 7.

It does not start. Do you know if it's supported?

In advance thank you for your answer.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is not "officially" supported, as Intralink 3.4 is EOL.

But hopefully this will help.

Find the 'javaw.exe' executable in the <proi_loadpoint>\i486_nt\jre\bin folder, right-click and select Properties. Hit the Compatibility tab and set “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” then select “Windows Vista”

Edit the javaw line (towards the bottom) in your <proi_loadpoint>\bin\proilink3.4.bat to look like this (one line):

start /B %prodir%\%mc%\jre\bin\javaw -Dswing.useSystemFontSettings=false -Xmx256m -Xss8m -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -jar %PRO_DIRECTORY%\java\lib\Intralink.jar -l %luknfeel% %intralinkparams% >> "%logfile%"

David

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

It is not "officially" supported, as Intralink 3.4 is EOL.

But hopefully this will help.

Find the 'javaw.exe' executable in the <proi_loadpoint>\i486_nt\jre\bin folder, right-click and select Properties. Hit the Compatibility tab and set “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” then select “Windows Vista”

Edit the javaw line (towards the bottom) in your <proi_loadpoint>\bin\proilink3.4.bat to look like this (one line):

start /B %prodir%\%mc%\jre\bin\javaw -Dswing.useSystemFontSettings=false -Xmx256m -Xss8m -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -jar %PRO_DIRECTORY%\java\lib\Intralink.jar -l %luknfeel% %intralinkparams% >> "%logfile%"

David

We can not even get the setup.exe to run. It seems like that solution assumes it was installed, but just won't run. When I open the executable it begins to open. The progress bar gets about half way and then returns an error "Pro/ENGINEER wildfire from PTC has stopped working'. We have tried both m062 and m070 builds. Same error on both. We were previously running Ilink 3.4 m040 and Wildfire 3.0 m160. We are trying to go to wildfire 3.4 m062 and Wildfire 4.0 m150. Wildfire 4.0 seems to have loaded fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Do you have Write Access to where you are installing the application and are you a local administrator? Also try running setup in compatibility mode.

Hi David,

I have gotten it to work. I first got the configuration to work on an XP machine (Intralink 3.4 m062 & Wildfire 4.0 m150). The windows 7 machine had wildfire 4.0 m150 successfully installed and our previous version of intralink 3.4 m040 installed (not compatible with wildfire 4.0). I then copied the Intralink loadpoint directory from the XP machine to the windows 7 machine. I applied the changes to the javaw.exe and ilink.bat file in your post above. Everything is now working perfectly on the windows 7 machine. I still cannot run ptcsetup.bat from the ilink loadpoint\bin folder on the windows 7 machine. I've tried changing compatibility and "run as administrator". I figure if I need to make any changes I can make them on the XP machine and copy the loadpoint directory over again. Thank you so much for your help!!

Good Morning David,

I follow your advices and It's working Fine. Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards.

David,

This actually made it so that I can use the Intralink client to open the file from Workspace to Wildfire 2.0

Would you mind explaining what your little code does?

For everyone else, this actually works for Intralink 3.4 m030 as well. Next I need try and coax WF2 x64 to work.

Jason,

Asside from the running on compatibility mode,

the changes to the launch command change the font to work with Windows 7 and the "noddraw" turns off the Direct3D interface of Java..

WF2?!?! Please Upgrade! you won't be sorry. 3.4 M062 with WF4 M170 works.

I wish.

The ultimatum is already there for us, we have to get on PDMLink and WF5. I don't want the risk of patching/migrating to 062 (had issues testing). I appreciate your comment.

I also spoke too early, WF2 is still unstable with this configuration. Try compatibility mode as well. O well.

David,

Thanks for the tip, it worked to enable me to launch and run Intralink 3.5 M050 on an IBM laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. Intralink launches great and I can see an interact with all the objects in my commonspace, but I am not able to launch a linked session of ProE. I reran the setup bat file to ensure that Intralink knows ProE is loaded and that worked ok.

Any ideas what might be causing this issue and would you have any tips to resolve?

Thanks,

Joe

Hello,

I have just installed an Intralink 3.4 client (M040) on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop.

I have followed the compatibility and command change recommendation and it works fine.

The problem that I am facing is the following :

I plug a LCD screen to the laptop in order to use it as a secondary display (using the extended display mode).

I can move the Pro Engineer window on that screen and it works fine but when I try to do the same with the Intralink one, I get the following error message :

java.langArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

Anthony,

Did you try another/updated Video Driver? I have multiple screens on an M2400 and they work just fine moving Intralink screen to screen.'

It also might be varying resolution from screen to screen that is your issue. Have you tried various resolutions or matching the resolutions?

David

David,

The graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650.

The driver version is 8.723.8.2000 (date 20/09/2010) and seems to be the latest one.

I will try varying the resolution.

Thank you for your help.

Anthony

I apologize in advance if this is the inappropriate place to do so, but my client is seeking a Windchill Administrator for a full time permanent position in Columbia, SC. Great pay, only 1 hour from the beach and 2 hours from the mountains. Need immediately.

Please contact me ed@fowlerstaffing.com

865-392-9210x301

If this is the in appropriate forum, please redirect me to a more appropriate place.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Having encountered the same problem with updating Java 6.24.

just completely uninstall the Java machine, start the installation of PTC and then reinstall the JAVA machine.

All,

I've followed the directions above and am having a little difficulty. I'm able to start Intralink, create a workspace, and check out files from the commonspace. Independently, I can start Wildfire 4.0. However, when I initiate a WF session from Intralink I get the following error:

"Could not launch the external application 'loadinpro'. This can happen if external application is not found or incorrect parameters are passed to the application 'loadinpro' application is used by Pro/Intralink to communicate with Pro/Engineer which must already be running." WF starts up, but doesn't open the file, nor does it show the commonspace or workspace under Common Folders.

I'm running WF4.0 M200, IntraLink 3.4 M062, Windows 7 Ultimate

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Steve, If you have reached the Intralink 3.x UI then you have successfully followed the instructions to make it work with Windows 7. The issue that you are mentioning sounds more like a setup problem that would be Intralink or Pro/E based.

I don't know how familiar you are with the BAT and PSF files for Pro/Intralink 3.x and Pro/E but somewhere you might have the wrong path for either Intralink or Pro/E. You should be able to see the paths defined in the .bat and .psf files to verify.

David.

DH,

Thanks, I have been looking thru both files on both the XP system as well as my Win7 system. Would it cause a problem if I was using long filenames and directory names with spaces i.e. C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 4.0?

I'm getting close, but not quite there. I'll keep looking.

Steve,

Spaces may be the problem. To always take those out of the equation and make bat and psf files easier. I only use short names or underscores.

c:\ptc\proe or c:\ptc\proiclient. otherwise you need to use quotes in the right places.

David

Top Tags