cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Is it possible to map Attributes of Windchill in the Title Block of Schema in Altium Designer ?

HerveBARTHELEMY
12-Amethyst

Is it possible to map Attributes of Windchill in the Title Block of Schema in Altium Designer ?

Hello,

I'm a user of Windchill (10.2) and I use the WorkGroup Manager of Windchill with Altium Designer.

Thank for your help.

Hervé

2 REPLIES 2

Chances are, without some InfoEngine task running in the background, probably not.  I've always wanted to pull simple things like Revision out of Windchill and append to a title block using a Pre-Update hook for my schematics and layouts.  I can do the actions required on the CAD side of things (for me, that's Cadence), but simlple things like the revision number are not exposed to the hooks. 

My suggestion would be to write a custom pre-update hook to see what information is available to you (write a set command in the hook file, to post all system variables available during the hook execution).  If the info that you want from your Windchill object is in there, then you just have to write additional lines to add that information to your Altium design, before it gets updated.

If you need help with the hooks, check out CS131522 for example hook files.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS131522&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=wwgm%20hooks&source=search

Hopefully, with the switch to an API driven flow in WC 11, we can get this sort of information easier.

~ Pat

NickD
8-Gravel
(To:pcox)

Please see my latest posting on the topic of over-staming PDFs from ECAD for a solution :

What are the differences between Watermarks and Stamps on PDFs ?

Top Tags