cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Job Opportunity / Final Project

rubenvillarreal
13-Aquamarine

Job Opportunity / Final Project

Hello,

Job Opportunity

I know that maybe this is the wrong place for this, but right now I am desperate. Soon I'll be a Mechanical Engineer from Venezuela, the good part is that I am willing to travel anywhere on the planet, and work for almost any payment. The bad thing is that judging my job searches, I am unwelcome at any place on the planet. I mean, job offers for overseas, specially for Venezuelans, it is something almost mythical.

In other words, I am looking for a job opportunity using Creo at anywhere on the planet, and if you can help me, I would really appreciate it. I am 25 and if you want to see my Creo/CAD/FEM abilities, check the next section.

My Final Project

After some years learning Creo Parametric and Creo Simulate, next week I will receive my Mechanical Engineer degree. For my thesis, I based my work on a downhill bike, I feel so great that I will share some things here. From the very beginning, many people on this community help me to accomplish my project, even when my project was unknown and I was a student with no CAD knowledge, but anyway...

THANK YOU ALL

The Sketch,

final.jpgYeah! I have no abilities for 3D Sketches

The Model,

1.pngThe components were modeled through reverse engineering (SRAM official drawings are public, go to sram.com). The design of the frame is a personal approach.

The Dynamic Simulation,

MSC Software Twitter gave me the idea. Basically, it is a 4 sec simulation of a bike through a downhill circuit (including a big jump).

This was made in order to find the forces that the bike support. CHECK THE VIDEO!

The FEM Simulation,

Exporting the forces from MDO to Simulate, we can evaluate the stresses.

The values are given in MPa. Using unidirectional carbon fiber with high modulus, the bike has a safety factor of 3!

The " Optimization",

Changing the direction of the fibers, the frame fails!

The main idea was to find the best direction of these fibers, but my i5 and 4Gb RAM couldn't handle the design study.

The Render,

Well, I didn't use Creo for this, but the image was so beautiful that I couldn't resist to post it.

Feel free to ask, comment, share, steal, etc... Anything good or bad about this. To see more, download the attached videos, this was just the tip of the iceberg.

Thank you for your time.

5 REPLIES 5

Well Ruben, I wish you the very best of luck!  It's not just you, I've been using Pro/E for almost 20 years, and it took me over 9 friggin' months to find work IN MY OWN COUNTRY!  PTC has seriously dropped the ball when it comes to getting Pro/E into colleges, and many companies have switched to Solidworks because they bought into the whole "cheaper" myth.  So, because of these major gaffes by PTC, dedicated users like us are having trouble finding work.

Congrats on your pending degree and best of luck to you in your job search!

Amazing week! The ceremony was amazing.

Thank you for your comment! 20 years against my 2 year experience, following the analogy I hope to find work in less than 9 years...

Thank you again for your support, it really means a lot to me than an "old fox" (as we say at my country) appreciates my work and situation.

Good luck!

LOL  Well, I hope it take you less than 9 YEARS to find work.  It took me 9 MONTHS. 

Congrats on the degree, that looked like a fun project!

That was so strange, it is like the Creo number (8 MONTHS!). I have to move to Chile, and in a far far faaaar away company, I found a job using Wildfire 5.0

Hahaha but well, worst is nothing.

Congrats on the new job, I've had to move a few times to keep working. You'll do great!!

Top Tags