cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Minneapolis/St Paul user group?

BillF
13-Aquamarine

Minneapolis/St Paul user group?

Are there any other Schematics users in the area that would like to share what they are doing and what they have learned?

There is a lot to learn in Schematics and sometimes bouncing ideas off others in person or seeing how other people do things can help.

Bill Fuhrmann

The Toro Company

We are just starting with hibred schematics for vehicle (most of our stuff is much larger than the consumer lawn mowers and snow throwers) harnesses.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:BillF)

I have the impression (based on low responses to other posts asking for users from the same area), that we have quite some Schematic users, but they are spread out all over the world.

So, in case nobody answers (too early to know at the moment), maybe you should consider alternatives and look more global:

While I personally always prefer sitting together with people when discussing things, I can say from experience, that - in case this is not possible - video conferencing or remote sessions are the next best option.

I have been maintaining the Creo Library for a few years now. It is a powerfull software that can do many things for you, however like anything garbage in garbage out. If you are just starting I would recommend learning data tables first, from scratch, using Excel. This will help you understand what parameters are going to suite your needs for reporting and routing and better understand how Schematics works. I recommend BID to WID as a workflow and perhaps you know this already. If you need in house assistance with set up I would recommend Cedel Soultions. They are somewhat close to you and quite good.

John

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:jgottfredson)

We are already working with Cassandra. Very helpful. Have a phone call with her on a couple topics later today. There are a lot of details and style things where it would be useful to see how others do things. Sometimes you can pick up good tricks or warnings about problem directions from others.

As is appropriate, CeDel Solutions is protective of their customer's privacy. They are asking permission of a few of them before giving me contact information. I was in that role back when I designed custom equipment. We barely acknoledged some customers because of competitors in the area.

There are also those who use other consultants and those hacking at this without consultants.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:BillF)

I would recommend these guys as source of help http://www.virtual-interconnect.co.uk/

They are in Glasgow. I don't see any on-line data more recent than 2012, so I hope they are still there. I met them at PTCLive a few years back. They were focused and expert at cabling.

Top Tags