cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Need Help Understanding How to Update Central Catalog in Creo Schematics

ptc-6064077
1-Newbie

Need Help Understanding How to Update Central Catalog in Creo Schematics

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how an admin moves artifacts into a central catalog in Creo Schematics. I've tried this several times, and I've gone over the help files several times; but, I'm missing something. I've created a base template, packed, that resides in the catalog directory. From what I understand from what I've read, as an admin, I have to open up the base template, and add the parts from the temporary submission directory (or the artifacts that had been zipped and moved to the catalog directory?). In any event, I have no option in Creo schematics to add artifacts from outside of the current session, and even so, I fail to see how to submit parts to the central catalog. My only option is to add artifacts to the temporary submission. directory. The help center tells me that "to submit a folder and all its contents to the Central Catalog form Catalog Explorer or Datatable Explorer, right-click an item and choose Submit from the shortcut menu or select it and click (package symbol)." I get the "overwritten" warning message. But, it apppears that all I'm doing is updating the temporary submission directory. I need to add the artifacts to the Central Catalog. (I don't get the package symbol option, btw.) What am I missing here?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Ok, I should have realized that I'm wasn't going to be able to garner enough information from the Creo Schematics Help Center to be be confident that I'm grasping these concepts well enough. I've been able to find the answer to this; but, I had to dig really deep to find it. I suppose if I'm going to express some frustration, it should be directed at the Help Center, which seems to be perpetually inadequate for this depth of topic.

Once I have submitted an Artifact is there anyway to have it Rejected so I can fix something or do I have to completely start over.

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:Cszyman1)

The easiest way it to have the admin accept the artifact you created and tell them the edits you want.  It is fast and easy for them.

Agreed, the workflow is not exactly intuitive. 

Submitting an object to the temp folder pretty much just copies the files there. Then the library / catalog manager is supposed to review the objects in a Creo Schematics design. To add them to the Central Catalog, it is literally just a move or copy using Windows Explorer to put them into the correct folder in the catalog folder.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-6064077)

Do not do anything in the template for this.

If the people submitting the items are zipping them, unzip them so that you have the actual files.  You should have a .art file and most likely a .art.dep file. 

If they zipped the files with a folder structure, just copy the folder structure into your Central Catalog folder.

If they zipped the files without a folder structure, browse to the folder that they belong in within the Central Catalog folder and move them there.

If they rely on a datatable, you need to edit the appropriate CSV and load it using the Datatable Explorer.

If you are the person creating the files, Schematics will create the files in the appropriate file structure in your Temporary Submissions folder.  Just move the structure into the Central Catalog folder.

Top Tags