cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Ninja Cabling Quick Reference Sheet for Creo Parametric 2.0

BrianMartin
11-Garnet

Ninja Cabling Quick Reference Sheet for Creo Parametric 2.0

Hello Everyone...

Just a quick blog post to share some information and to post the Creo Parametric 2.0 Cheat Sheet I created for the Ninja Cabling process. I've provided the first sheet in the attachment. If you recall, the Wildfire 5.0 version (which has been out for some time) is two pages. It was meant to be printed as a double-sided sheet and laminated so it could stay handy at your workstation. The new version will likely end up being 4 pages. It's still a work in progress... download the attachment for a PDF version.

This year at PTC Live Global 2014 I'll be giving my third presentation on Creo Cabling.  I'm pulling out all the stops on this one because it may be my last year doing Ninja Cabling. My goal has always been to educate, entertain, and hopefully give people the confidence and to try Creo Cabling in their everyday jobs. But after three years, I'm afraid people will think I'm beating a dead horse so maybe next year I'll do Samurai Piping (ugh, that name needs work).Spec Driven Piping is another rarely used Creo module that I'd love to teach people to use... but that's a topic for next year!

(Click the horse if it doesn't animate)

In the meantime, there's tons of new content for this years' presentation. I'll have some new documentation, updated cheat sheets, more videos and demonstration models, and a few great tips and tricks to help you master Creo Cabling. I'm excited to unveil some new software to help autoroute a harness without a schematic and without editing cumbersome NWF or XML files. I've also evolved and expanded the core Ninja Cabling techniques to demonstrate additional capabilities of the cabling package while keeping the basic procedure easy to use. There are a couple of very big surprises planned for this year's presentation (but I don't want to give out too many spoilers just yet).

As a side note... many people have written asking me about the videos for last years' PTC Live Global presentation. If you've written to me and I haven't responded, please don't be offended. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the volume of responses and it's very tough to keep up. I had submitted the videos to PTC for inclusion on the conference web site but they never made it. I also embedded the videos into the presentation I uploaded here on the PTC Community yet they seem to have gotten stripped out. The videos are very large which makes them difficult to distribute... I definitely cannot email them! Plus, being nitpicky over the quality and content of the videos, I look at them now and all I see are the deficiencies and bits I'd like to improve.  Still, maybe they can help someone so I'll try to repost them.

In conclusion, I just want to say thank you again for the kind emails and the tremendous support you've shown for Ninja Cabling. Take care everyone... I hope to see you this June in Boston!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags