Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC and Pro/E in the professional racing world

PTC and Pro/E in the professional racing world

Rick,

Sounds cool but I am sorry to say that I will not be able to attend as I am a contractor...you know the "no pay, no work" routine.

I do want to say though, in regards to using Pro/E in the racing world......this is not the first group to do so....maybe just in a different way.

I used to be a team member for an alcohol funny car team based out of New Haven, Indiana. We raced the IHRA national race circuit, the NHRA national race circuit (east coast only), the NHRA divisional races, and UDRA race circuit. The team name is Poyser Motorsports, Bud Poyser is the owner/crewchief. I used to and Bud still does work at ITT Industries in Fort Wayne, Indiana. As an Engineering Assistant I used Pro/E as a design-drafting tool....starting back at rev 9.
Anyway, one year the team decided to change the expense routine by building a "hauler" to live in during racing weekends instead of always renting hotel/motel rooms and eating out when we were not at the track. This was a very expensive habit, especially since we were only away from the tract approximately 4-6 hours out of 24.
We purchased an old Ford 2-1/2 ton truck, ripped of the old bed and elongated the frame based upon the measurements of a Kodiak hauler I checked out. Then I proceeded to use the dimensions for building a Pro/E model of the superstructure, the walling, and the door/window placements. Electrical, sewage and water supply lines were done on the fly once we determined the shower/bathroom style which was located by the structure.
Prints for the superstructure tubing pieces were drawn up along with assembly pictures.
The structure was completed in one winter's time and the hauler was christened "The TajmaHauler" just prior to the first race of the season. I believe that the hauler is still being used by the team as they enter their 9th(?) season...getting old and can't remember everything.

Just wanted to let you know that Pro/E has been racing for awhile.

Regards,
Victor Vergiels
Oceaneering Space Systems

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.