cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Piping Custom X Section

MattWright
1-Newbie

Piping Custom X Section

Is there a way to customize the X Section used by Piping to use arbitrary geometry? I work a lot with ridged waveguide, which is rectangular but has ridges running down the broadwall of the rectangle. As a last resort, I could fake it, but who wants to do that?

Thanks in advance,

Matt Wright

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Ahhh... great idea Matt. I always thought waveguide manufacturers were crazy for not using Pro/PIPING for WG development. The ridged waveguides are a killer though. So far you cannot use arbitrary geometry. You can certainly do rectangles but not ridged rectangles. You may be able to get there with a combination of Pro/PIPING and an pattern added to the solid pipe. As you're surely aware though, anything added to that solid pipe is subject to being tossed out the window if you have to redo the pipe using Erase/Make Solid again.

This would be a great addition for Pro/PIPING. As a very long shot, you might look into using EFX to help with waveguides. I doubt it will be as useful and flexible as Pro/PIPING but I believe you can have arbitrary geometry for EFX. I'm just not sure how useful it could be.

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags