cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Piping

gcontreras
1-Newbie

Piping

Hello,

I´m using Creo 2.0 I have a pipe which runs in the x axis, and in some part of this pipe I want to connect another pipe that runs in the Y-axis. Can I make a whole in this pipe, and so connect another pipe to the first one? I have been trying to do it with branch but I can´t manage it.

Thanls a lot!

Best regards,

Edna

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:gcontreras)

Hello Edna,

You have posted this question to the Integrity Community, not the Creo Community. I have moved it to the Creo Community for you. Please ensure you post to the correct community in the future.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

I moved this one step further to the Piping sub-community.

Branch should work, if you have the second pipeline active and make it branch to a point on the first pipeline (or perpendicular to it).

If you want to create branching within the same pipeline, you can add a break point and then set it as start point to extend from there. However, this will split the existing pipeline at the break point, so you have three pieces.

The holes to connect the pieces are created automatically with the Pipe Solid functionality.

Top Tags