cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Placing cross/4-way branch fittings with Spec-driven piping.

hvandenbroek
1-Newbie

Placing cross/4-way branch fittings with Spec-driven piping.

Fellow ProENGINEER/CREO users,

I'm having the following issue(s):

• How to route a pipeline so that a proper 4-way branch connection is made?
  • How to place/configure a 4-way branch fitting in combination with spec-driven piping?

I've allready searched the entire (for as far as that is possible) PTC Knowledgebase and PTC help-files, there is however no documentation on how to even route a 4-way branch connection.

Examples/explanations that use non-spec driven piping are also of help!

Example01.jpg

Example02.jpg

If there is more information needed please let me know!

Thanks in Advance,

With Kind Regards,

Hein van den Broek

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Some extra information about the fitting I used:

PORT0, PORT1, PORT2 and PORT3 coordinate systems are available. (I asume they are in the correct orientation/order)

PORT0 coordinate system has the following feature parameters:

• SIZE = DN005
  • END_TYPE = WF

Component has the following parameter:

• FITTING_CODE = BRANCH

Example03.jpg

These all correspond with the spec-driven piping configuration file parameters.

T-fittings (3-way branch fittings) work like a charm by the way.

Hi

I am sorry to say Spec piping does not currently support cross T's

Thanks, Jim

In non-spec-driven piping you can branch from another pipeline to the current one (e.g. with perpendicular option).

You can do the same with a third pipeline from the other side, so you will get a kind of four-way.

You can still add fittings to the branch points, but your 4-way will have to be added as a T-branch.

I am not aware of any issue with this kind of design, but I also can't say, whether there are none.

four_way.jpg

Top Tags