cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Pro/Cabling cable behavior capabilities

ivy.delvalle
1-Newbie

Pro/Cabling cable behavior capabilities

I was wondering if there's a way for Pro/Cabling to know the properties of the materials of the cables in a bundle for it to know the cable behavior when other parts are moved. For example: If I have a cable routed from one wall to the other and I decide to move one of the walls in, the cable will of course bend a certain way and I know that Pro/Cable will show it but how accurate would it be and would it be able to model how would it trouly bend in a situation like this?

Thanks a lot!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:ivy.delvalle)

I like Piping better than the Pro/Cabling module. You can define as many points as you want to make the route go where you want it to go. You can make a solid pipe if you want to show a wire.

In Reply to Ivelisse Del Valle-Figueroa:

I was wondering if there's a way for Pro/Cabling to know the properties of the materials of the cables in a bundle for it to know the cable behavior when other parts are moved. For example: If I have a cable routed from one wall to the other and I decide to move one of the walls in, the cable will of course bend a certain way and I know that Pro/Cable will show it but how accurate would it be and would it be able to model how would it trouly bend in a situation like this?

Thanks a lot!

Michael R. Jenkins P.E.
Design Engineer
Direct: 816-801-2332
Fax: 816-891-9432

Commercial Vehicle Systems
Haldex Brake Products Corporation
10930 North Pomona Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64153-1215
Top Tags