cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Pro/Cabling

ptc-2167251
1-Newbie

Pro/Cabling

Hello,

I set the cable color to RED, but in the viewport it is still grey.

How can I get the red color?

thanks,

bern

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

I've read somewhere that you need a color.map difined, but Pro/E WF 5 does not use color.map.

appearance.dmt is needed.

Where do I put this file, or do I need something else to give my cables a colored look.

I set the color parameter to 'RED' in the electrical parameters(spool)

thanks,

bern

Hi Bern...

There are two pieces to the puzzle with a special caveat to note. In this case, the caveat is probably the part that's preventing the cable colors from working properly.

First- you need to add the COLOR parameter to your spool with a color name. For example: COLOR RED. Second- you need to have a color named "RED" (or whatever color name you've used) in your appearances. This can be from a color.map or an appaearance.dmt file as far as I know. I believe they both still work but I used appearance.dmt now so I haven't verified this. The important piece is to make sure the color is named... without that, nothing works.

So far, it seems like you've gotten both pieces in place. Now comes the caveat... the color option seems to be broken at Wildfire 5.0. It's fixed at Creo 1 and 2. You haven't mentioned what version of Creo or Pro/E you're using but I'd guess you're using Wildfire 5 (Creo Elements/Pro 5.0). If so, this is actually your problem. No matter what you do, you won't be able to get the cable colors to work in this version. You're stuck applying them manually until you upgrade to a later release.

I can assure you though... once you upgrade, it works like a champ!

I hope that helps... let me know if you need more information.

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags