cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Pro/E & IPV6

ehill
1-Newbie

Pro/E & IPV6

Our IT department is transitioning to IPV6, mostly to enable the use of Microsoft's Direct Access (replacing our legacy VPN software). The lone problem we have with this transition so far is Pro/ENGINEER (and Pro/INTRALINK) - the FlexNet licensing is not working with the new protocol. Our IT guy is trying to get some assistance from PTC but not having much luck. If anyone has been through this transition before, any advice would be appreciated!

Eric Hill

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
ehill
1-Newbie
(To:ehill)

Patrick,

Thanks for the response. I had seen that information in the FlexNet manuals, but I am a bit confused by it because my license file does not include the server'sIP address anywhere - just the MAC ID. When you enter the license server in the Pro/E setup program, I normally only enter the short network name, not the IP address.I have tried the IPV4 address and it accepts that, but not the hexadecimal IPV6 address.

We have run an IP snooper program, and xtop is definitely still trying to use the IPV4 address. I suspect the Wildfire 4license daemon is not handling is properly, even though PTCs documentation says that Wildfire 4 supports IPV6.

We'll try getting hold of Flexera to see if they can help.

Eric Hill

Top Tags