cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro/PIPING flexible parameters in a pipeline fitting

Participant

Pro/PIPING flexible parameters in a pipeline fitting

(Creo 1.0)

Does anybody know how to change predefined flexible parameter values on a pipeline fitting? Ex.: I inserted a 90 degree elbow fitting on a pipeline corner, setting flexible parameter values when I inserted the part. Now I want to go back and change those parameter values. The only option I see is "Remove Var Items". Do I have to remove them all and re-set them all every time? Using "Edit Definition" doesn't work, as it only brings up the fitting insertion menu.

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Pro/PIPING flexible parameters in a pipeline fitting

I don't think this is specific to piping, this is simply flexible components, right?

If so, you go to EDIT DEFINITION and then the FLEXIBILITY tab, then VARIED ITEMS under the component placement dialog to access the variable dimesion(s).

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

That's the problem. When you go to "Edit Definition" in Pro/PIPING, it doesn't give you the normal edit definition options. It comes up with one of those small option windows on the side. And some fittings (especially End fittings) don't do anything when you click Edit Definition.

Try exiting the piping module then edit definition on the fitting.

It's been a while since I have used piping so I may be completely wrong.

Steve Williams

No difference in the menus whether I have piping active or not. I've tried doing it while pipeline view is active too. I really don't understand why there's no easy way to do this in 1.0. Seems like such an oversight.

Why is there never anybody from PTC in these forums to answer basic questions? Seriously, what do these maintenance fees even pay for?

This community is NOT PTC support. Mostly just other users helping out.

File a support ticket at  https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log#

Steve Williams
Highlighted

The problem is paying thousands of dollars a year just so they can answer a simple question once every couple years about features that are conspicuously missing from their software that should be pretty simple to find. Oh and I get to download the newest buggy, crash-prone version of their software every year HOORAY.

Using Creo4:

Mark the fitting in model tree and use right mouse button and choose Make Flexible - In popup window enter value. Fitting needs to have predefined flexibility configured in File/Prepare/Model Properties

Fitting Icon Changes to flexible Component

Yes I got that part, but then how do you edit those values later? In Creo 1.0, the only way I can find is to "Remove Var Items", then "Make Flexible" again, but then you have to specify ALL flexible values again. I can sometimes have 10 or so flexible parameters or dimensions, which would all need to be specified and given values every time I wanted to change a single value.