cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Pro Piping & Cabling Tutorials..............

ptc-4472839
1-Newbie

Pro Piping & Cabling Tutorials..............

Hi, Every one

Please help me, regarding Pro Piping & Cabling Tutorials.

My Mail ID Is -.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Nagendra...

What type of help do you need? There aren't many tutorials for the cabling and piping modules and those two subsystems are fairly different from each other. Both cabling and piping use special features that are unique to each module.

I should restate this... there are not many good tutorials for cabling and piping. There also aren't many good books on the topic.I'm working on some online training to help people in these areas but my workload has exploded recently to the point that I haven't made much progress.

If you're lucky enough to have access to the PTC Precision LMS system (PTC University), there are some decent basic classes for piping and cabling on there. When I say "basic", I really mean it... they aren't very deep classes. They provide just enough to get you started.

I'll be happy to try to teach you what I can... but it would help if we narrowed it down to just one module. You can't learn piping and cabling all at one time. It's too much information. In fact, before you begin either of these modules, it helps to have a good working knowledge of several more advanced concepts like skeletons, copy geometry, surfaces, and top-down design. These are not required but they'll certainly make life a whole lot easier than trying to learn them while also learning cabling or piping.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed and I'll do what I can to help.

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags