cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Problems with RSD 9.0 and Cabling

MichaelTurner
1-Newbie

Problems with RSD 9.0 and Cabling

I am trying to use Cabling and RSD 8.0 with Pro Engineer WF 4, but when I go to add wiring between ports, the icon ( X ) is not there, and all i have is a yellow ( - ) instead, not allowing me to add any wiring.

I have looked at and followed the online tutorials and I am still unable to do the function.

Looking for assistance, as it is probably something silly, I have overlooked.....

Just a note, when I am running the training programme, I am having to convert some of the functionality as Iam using RSD 9.0, not sure if this is the root cause of my problem or not though

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Just an update for the post, the software is converting the application from 7.1 to 9.1 when I try to open, new sheets and start a schematic.

The problem exists in Cabling also and has the same funtionality in converting everything to 9.1.

I really need assistance on this as it is driving me nuts

Hi,

check the following :

1) you are using the same diagram type for the fibers and the connector/component (ports parent)

2) if the port is already connected to fibers/other port - check the value of 'Max connections per port' , if you reach this value, you won't be able to connect nothing to the port

Top Tags