cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

RSD-to-Pro/Cable Compatibility Matrix

ScottPearson
3-Visitor

RSD-to-Pro/Cable Compatibility Matrix

Is anyone aware of a "Compatibility Matrix" which lists which versions of Pro/Cable can import .xml files from which versions of RSD?

For example, can an .xml file exported from RSD 8 be successfully imported into WF3's Pro/Cable?

More broadly, which RSD .xml files can any given version of WF accept? Can WF4 accept RSD 7 .xml's? Can WF3 accept RSD 9 .xml's?

I have been unable to locate such a Compatibility Matrix on PTC.com so I thought I'd poll the forum.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Scott,

For sure RSD 6 and 7 are compatible with Wildfire 4.

I found this: http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/65524/en/DOC-L100-EN-360.pdf

RSD 8.0 and 9.0 are compatible with Wildfire 3.0 or later.

see this: http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/107484/en/DOC-L60290-EN-090.pdf

and this: http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/90502/en/DOC-60290-EN-080.pdf

Last time I used RSD it was version 6, and from what I remember there were an option (as a check box) to export xml in WF3 or pre-WF3.

I guess there is a similar option in RSD 8.

Hope this help!

Marc

Forest for the trees...

Yes, Marc-Andre, your links helped. You had a more thorough answer than you may have realized.

As I looked at the .pdf's in those links, I noticed that the material looked familiar. Well, those pages are from the installation guides contained on the installation CDs of RSD..., which I had already printed, bound, and read during my RSD installation. But somehow during installation, I breezed right over the "interoperability" info contained on those pages. That's what happens when one gets too focused on the task at hand (installing the software) and overlooks the larger picture.

Forest for the trees...

That said, this assumes a person already has the software and can reference the installation guide on the CDs. But if a guy was interested in establishing a roadmap for future upgrades and wanted to determine compatibility between his various versions of his various software, a single online Compatiblity/Interoperability Matrix would still be a handy resource. Perhaps further hunting will turn up such a matrix on the PTC website, but if not hopefully PTC will create one (and make it easily found on the Support page by searching for "compatibility" or something equally intuitive).

Tip o' the hat to Marc-Andre for the links!

Top Tags