Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace Group Shape Re-Orders Members

Replace Group Shape Re-Orders Members

Good afternoon, when replacing a group shape in Creo Schematics, it also re-orders the members back to sequential order. This becomes quite time consuming and prone to error. I had a consultant out and they indicated that Creo Schematics used to have this problem in earlier versions and it seems that the program is regressing back. Is there a solution to this or a setting of some sort that can correct this issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Replace Group Shape Re-Orders Members

John

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.  I have just tested with Creo Schematics 3.0 M010 and could not reproduce the issue. 

What version are you running?

Thanks, Jim

Highlighted

I am running Creo 2.0 M020.

I have member maps associated with my datasets for my Variable Group Shapes and it appears that it forces a re-order of the member map when you replace the shape.

John

Ok i see the issue when a member map has been applied.  I would suggest you file a call with technical support and report the issue.

As a workaround, remove the dataset, from the instanced connector, replace the shape, reapply the dataset

Hope that helps, Jim

As I test this further the data sets appear to have no bearing on this it reorders the members of a shape back to sequential order regardless to wether it has a data set applied or not. I will open a case.

John