cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Replace

ptc-169947
1-Newbie

Replace

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone out there's still on 3.4 and Wildfire 4, but if so, we're seeing an issue where if you use the replace functionality in an assy in WF4, the original part that was replaced still holds a dependency to the assy in Intralink even though it's no longer in the assy.
Has anyone seen this? If so, any fixes or suggestions?

Thanks,
Stefan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-169947)

If I trust my memory you can break that dependency in the Reference Viewer inside Wildfire 4.
Show dependencies for the assembly, find the replaced part, RMB and select Break Dependency.

/Bjarne

Bjarne is correct. I have seen this too, sometimes Pro/E retains odd relationships between parts which have nothing to do with each other anymore. I believe the path is Reference View under Tools. You should see a red "X" beside old references which can be broken.

You may also want to set the config.pro option "remember_replaced_components" to "no". This will uncheck by default the "remember these components" checkbox in the replace dialog box. It is that checkbox which creates the undesired reference - some kind of internal interchange assembly for replaced components.

rmast
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-169947)

The config option availablility depends on build code WF4 M120 or later.

Top Tags