cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Save tree filter settings

ptc-5974501
1-Newbie

Save tree filter settings

This is to expand on the post already out there:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/12622

What I want to do, is save the Tree Filter -> Display settings, so I don't have to do this for every part and for every open. It looks like there's a "mdl_tree_cfg_file" option in the Options -> Configuration Editor, but does this really continually reference a specific Creo file? That doesn't seem like it would work so well with Intralink. Anyone know how to save these settings?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

That first link is correct. I'll try to spell it out here for future searchers.

In the Model Tree Settings dropdown, first set the Tree FIlters and other options as desired.

Then, in the Model Tree Settings dropdown, select Save Settings File. Save this file somewhere. I saved it with the config file.

Go to File -> Options -> Configuration Editor. Add the mdl_tree_cfg_file Option Name with your previous settings file as the Option Value. All set!

When I do this I get this error. What's it not seeing?

Tree_cfg_error.JPG

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rmckibben)

ehhh, 60 errors, you're good..  Sorry, bad joke.

If you look at the errors, the file you are reading has extrude, dtm3, hole, dtm4, etc. Honestly it looks like the export of the "text" of the model tree instead of the exporting the settings.

Export the settings again using

My model tree settings file looks like this:

!Creo Parametric cfg file Version No. 1

!Creo  TM  2.0  (c) 2015 by PTC Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

COLUMN "Info" "Status" 4

COLUMN "Info" "Feat #" 3

COLUMN "Mass Properties Params" "PRO_MP_MASS" 5

COLUMN "Mass Properties Params" "PRO_MP_DENSITY" 4

COLUMN "Info" "Feat ID" 5

COLUMN "Simplified Reps" "Current Rep" 9

SUPPRESSED    ON

EXCLUDED    ON

FEATURES    ON

MFG_OWNER    ON

NOTES    ON

BLANKED    ON

INCOMPLETE    ON

COMPS    ON

BT_BODY_CONNS    ON

BT_INCOMING_CONNS    ON

BT_BODY_CONTS    ON

BT_MOTION_AXES    ON

ENVELOPE    ON

COMP_PLACEMENT    ON

GEOM_BACKUPS    ON

MECH_STR    ON

MECH_THR    ON

MOLD_OWNER    ON

SECTIONS    ON

Yeah, that was it. I was saving the Model Tree instead of the Setting file. Thanks.

Hello Jeremy

Fist save the setting file , the name of the file will be tree.cfg , save to some location , you can import this every time when ever you need this settings , Or you want want this sitting file to load by default on creo startup. you have to make some changes in the config.pro file

Give the tree.cfg File path to the value mdl_tree_cfg_file.

tree.jpg

Regards

Top Tags