cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Schlemmer Tubes and Connectors

hansberg
1-Newbie

Schlemmer Tubes and Connectors

Hi,

Do anyone have experience how to model Schlemmer (schlemmer.com) tube and connections with Creo 2.0?

Should the tubes and connectiobs be created in regular part mode (pipe feature), with the piping module or is there support for this in the cabling module.

If there is support for this in the cabling module, please give me some hints what tools to use.

Any information on this is of great help.

Best Regards,

Hans Berg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
jellis
11-Garnet
(To:hansberg)

Hans...I took a quick look at their site. Did you notice they have a link for Downloads and another link for Extranet/3d-CAD-Login?

Something to keep in mind if you decide to model. Piping and Cabling work inside of a .asm model. If you want these in a .prt model then using Piping/Cabling feature creation would not be the preferred choice.

KR, Jim

Hello Hans

When you say "Schlemmer Tubes", do you mean convoluted tubes?

If so, what I can tell you is that we cannot model these tubes with Pro/Piping (at least in Pro/E WF4).

We first do a straight model od the convoluted tube, with both ends and specific sections, usinga pattern for the convolutions

Thenwe define the routing the convoluted tube will follow once bent (no spline, only straight sections and bends), and finally we modifiy this straight routing by using the spine bend function.

This will make the straight model bend itself and follow the curve. The convolutions of the tube will be deformed and look realistic.

I have to add thatthis makes a rather heavy and long to regenerate model, if accurate.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Top Tags