cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Several layers assignment for ecad model

PavelGonodobov
1-Newbie

Several layers assignment for ecad model

Hello to all ! Sorry for my bad english beforehand.

Does Creo have functionality to assing several layers for 3D model which substitute when IDF files open? (in accordance with ecad_hint.map file). If it has:what i have to write in ecad_hint.map file for this effect ?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Pavel,

can you explain in more details, what you mean with "assign several layers for 3D model"?

Do you want to have a hirarchy of map files where one is sourcing from another one? (I believe the answer is "no" in this case)

Or do you mean to use assembly models instead of single parts? (this should be possible)

Gunter

Hello, Gunter.

I want to control 3d models of electrical components (mainly visibility) in a board assembly by layers those was manually assigned in ecad_hint.map.

Similar functionality supported be Creo (by using a MCAD_LAYER tag) For example:

map_objects_by_name->
ECAD_NAME "eesmb"
ECAD_ALT_NAME "DM7442N"
ECAD_TYPE ""
MCAD_NAME "EESMB_DM7442N"
MCAD_TYPE "part"
MCAD_LAYER "connectors"

end

By when i assign more than one layer for the 3d model and write several strings with MCAD_LAYER like this:

map_objects_by_name->
ECAD_NAME "eesmb"
ECAD_ALT_NAME "DM7442N"
ECAD_TYPE ""
MCAD_NAME "EESMB_DM7442N"
MCAD_TYPE "part"

MCAD_LAYER "connectors"

MCAD_LAYER "tht"

MCAD_LAYER "need_mech"

end

Creo ignore all strings with MCAD_LAYER tag except first. With such notation Creo use only one layer again (first).

How to assign several layers for a substitution 3d model of electrical component?

It looks as if the functionality hasn't been designed to associate more than one layer.

Maybe you can go a different way and copy the layer with the parts assigned at the end? Or use sub layers?

Of course this makes only sense, if there one group of components is a subgroup of the other and so on. If parts are wildly spread over different layers, based on different properties, this will not help.

Top Tags