cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Splices in bundles

ptc-6294531
1-Newbie

Splices in bundles

Hello,

I am rather new to Creo Parametric 2.0 (always used other programs).

I add the splice using the Insert Component button in the Cabling ribbon.

I am having trouble with splices and adding them in bundles.

I end the bundle at the splice and start a new one, but one of the sides always comes up with an error that the cable diverges from the bundle and can't add them.

Untitled.png

The red one is the bundle above the splice. As you can see the bundle under the splice is fine.

Is there a way for me to forcefully add the wires to bundle?

Thank you in advance,

Ron

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your response, but it gave me the exact same result.

Edit:

This is what I need to do to fix it:

-Place the splice with "Insert component" to get the right direction, save the location, delete the component and add it again with "Assemble".

-Then I need to adjust the parameters of the splice (this is due to our script)

-After that I need to reroute the network to connect "the right way" to the splice.

-Last I need to route all the wires manually into the correct side of the splice. (VERY VERY time consuming)

This method take me about 2-3 times longer but at least my wires aren't sticking out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Delete some portion of wires (from splice to next location) where you face above issue. Reroute them again and pack the wires in bundle...

Thank you for your response, but it gave me the exact same result.

Edit:

This is what I need to do to fix it:

-Place the splice with "Insert component" to get the right direction, save the location, delete the component and add it again with "Assemble".

-Then I need to adjust the parameters of the splice (this is due to our script)

-After that I need to reroute the network to connect "the right way" to the splice.

-Last I need to route all the wires manually into the correct side of the splice. (VERY VERY time consuming)

This method take me about 2-3 times longer but at least my wires aren't sticking out.

Top Tags