cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Spools in BOMs on drawing?

bmikulka
1-Newbie

Spools in BOMs on drawing?

Is there a way to display the spool information in the BOM? I've already set-up relations that my quantities are displayed as strings, so it would be easy to get their lengths to also display. I just need to fidure out how to get the spools themselves to show.

When I click Repeat Region > Attributes > and turn on cabling information, several blank lines are injected into my BOM. I don't know what these are, as they're are 13 of them when I have 30 wires and 2 spools.

Oh, I should probably note that the company I work for has the Cabling package, but not the schematic - so I am working in a standard drawing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Mikulka,

To get spool info in BOM, you need to add one repeat region row and give parameter &harn.spool.name in part number column. and give &harn.spool.len[.0] in Quantity column...then select repeat region>model/Rep> select your harness part.

...Ram

Top Tags