cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Striped wires in Creo Schematic and cabling

riaea
2-Guest

Striped wires in Creo Schematic and cabling

Are their any plans to support striped wires in Creo Schematics or Creo Cabling in the future? I realize there are work arounds, but that isn't the question.

Right now you can just fake the text in Schematics and route only a solid color in Cabling.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:riaea)

Hello Ray,

I am neither from development nor product definition, but Technical Support. However, my elaborated guess is that there are no plans in near future.

This is because applying striped colors to surfaces is quite tricky (in comparison to keeping surfaces monochromous) and needs some programming intelligence to follow the routing appropriately (usually when wrapping textures on surfaces in Creo, the user has to provide the extra intelligence needed to do it appropriately).

Considering that this special coloring is only "cosmetic", I assume that resources are rather put into other functionality enhancements.

But you may check for an existing product idea (use the Search above and then change the "What" to product Ideas) and start a new one (from the Support page), if there is none existing.

If there is enough demand, it may be considered.

Gunter

Top Tags