cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Supports in spec driven piping

jsarkar
1-Newbie

Supports in spec driven piping

Does anybody know how to configure supports in spec driven piping for multiple pipe lines?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Do you mean a single fitting supporting multiple pipes at once or a fitting that is used by different specifications?

I have no idea for the former, while the latter is quite simple: just enter the support in the asfiles for each pipe spec. The same support can be used by multiple specs.

Your previous one, a single support containing letsay u bolts for multiple pipe lines.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:jsarkar)

So in real life you use supports that can hold multiple pipelines.

And you want to model this in Spec Driven Piping, using the same instance of a support fitting for several pipe segments (from different pipelines), right?

Spec Driven Piping is not my specialty, but I can imagine that this is difficult to handle from the logic in the program...

jsarkar
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

Thanks for your answer. I have now try to find alternative solution, beacuse we have branch of pipes and we need to show common support for different pipe lines.

Top Tags