I am trying to create a Multilevel Cable in Creo Schematics 1.0. It has multiple shielded cables inside one larger shielded cable. I have tried many ways to get this to work with datatables, datasets, and membermaps. Does anyone know one surefire way to get this to work?
The ways I have tried are the following:
Trial 1: Create a separate Dataset and Membermap for each individual cable. (Works to a point but doesn't show the overall cable shield except on the particular cable it is a part of.)
Trial 2: Create one Dataset and Membermap, instancing cables inside the Multilevel cable. (Works to a point, but gave the same problem as before.)
Trial 3: Create a Membermap referencing multiple datasets, and instancing cables inside the Multilevel cable. (Gave me errors that members were not mapped.)
The really big issue is that I need multiple shields, that terminate to different areas and connectors. This particular cable has a shielded coax cable, a shielded ethernet cable, a shielded data pair cable, and then 10 individual conductors. The cable is overall shielded on the outside.
If anyone has had a similar experience and figured it out, please share!
For the benefit of the rest of the community, can you briefly described how you resolved the issue?
I basically utilized the 4 tier datatable, dataset, membermap combination.
I first made a datatable calling out the overall diameter of the overbraid for the subcables, and pointed that to a membermap file that pointed to the datasets that contained the information for the overall diameters of the individual subcables, and then as a second dataset in that membermap file it pointed to the individual wires that had been created in a Wires_dt.
I then drew each individual subcable in RSD, including shields, and added decorations as needed, and shieldports to the decorations if the shield wires were going to run back to the connectors or ports. I then created the multi-level cable utilizing the subcables, and added a decoration and shieldports to that decoration.
I uploaded the .csv files I had created for the top cable assembly, the membermap, datasets for the subcables, and datasets for the wires inside the cables. I then applied the datatable for the top cable assembly to the multi-level cable I had drawn in RSD, and when I instanced the entire multi-level cable assembly on a drawing sheet, I applied the dataset for the top cable assembly. It then populated the wire colors and wire gauge in my labels as I have designated those as parameters to include in my labels. I was later able to go and add my signal names as needed.
My cable included a coaxial cable, datapair cable, 10 individual conductors, and an ethernet cable, all included in a overbraid which has a shield.