cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Undo Uncheckout

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Undo Uncheckout

Product: Pro/INTRALINK
Release: 9.1
Datecode: M060

Can you undo and uncheckout?

Wayne
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:wfalco)

We've moved up to windchill 10 but there were issues with canceling a check out in the embedded browser on 9.x.
I think we updated past that but the work-around prior to the update was to undo the checkout in a standalone browser.

Steve
wfalco
15-Moonstone

What was it called in 3.1? When you can undo? Frames? I was told they
were to return. I was offered a suggestion to delete the action from my
event manager. That does not work.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Ahhh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question.

The "undo" function is different in PDMLink that it was in Intralink 3.x. I have never successfully used the undo function since moving to PDMLink.

I thought you were referring to Canceling a checkout as opposed to the undo command.

I believe the way to get UNDO in PDMLink is to “Apply previous frame” in the pick action box, not by deleting the event. The way I understand it is if you do this, there is no way to undo it though. It is not like ILink3.x where you could undo the frame and then redo it if you didn’t like the result.

[cid:image001.png@01CEFA2B.4DE16D40]

Steve

wfalco
15-Moonstone

I'm sure I was not clear. But you got it.
But....I don't have "apply previous frame" in the pick action list.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Somewhere in the preferences is an option to turn on frames. If you didn’t have them turned on prior to the action, you are probably out of luck on the undo.

I can’t find the preference though. I know I turned mine on sometime back but now I can’t figure out where.

Steve
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

On 12/16/13 07:22, Williams, Steve C wrote:
>
> Somewhere in the preferences is an option to turn on frames.
>

In 9.1 the preference is:
Windchill Workgroup Manager | Client | Workspace Frame Stack Size

> If you didn't have them turned on prior to the action, you are probably out of luck on the undo.
>
> I can't find the preference though. I know I turned mine on sometime back but now I can't figure
> out where.
>
> *Steve *
>
> *From:*wayne falco [
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 07:51 AM, Williams, Steve C wrote:
>
> Ahhh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question.
>
> The "undo" function is different in PDMLink that it was in Intralink 3.x. I have never
> successfully used the undo function since moving to PDMLink.
>
> I thought you were referring to...

Below is the preference to be turned on

[cid:image001.png@01CEFB04.36085600]

Again, this action ‘apply previous frame’ is available in pro/e embedded browser only not in standalone browser.

Note that, it creates a ‘frame’ for each event which changes the state of the local workspace. The ‘frame’ actually stores the information about the state of all the components in that workspace before the respective event was generated. The ’frames’ can be seen created for each such event in ‘event manager’.
As per your wish you can apply any of the ‘frame’ on the workspace from event manager so that the workspace is reverted to the state before the particular event was generated.

Best Regards,
~Amit Lonkar
wfalco
15-Moonstone

Amit,
NICE!
Worked like a charm!
Been wanting this for a long time.
I will send a summary soon.
Thanks so much! Thanks to Steve and Randy as well!
Wayne

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Ok,

I'm going with attached. Worked for me.

Thanks again to Amit L, Randy J and Steve W!!!!

Wayne

Top Tags