cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Using Creo View with ECAD as a multi-layer Gerber Viewer

tharper
4-Participant

Using Creo View with ECAD as a multi-layer Gerber Viewer

Hello community,

Currently, I use tools such as GerbView or Viewmate to import and review multilayer PCB gerbers.  I can load as many layers as I want, turn them on/off and set up various viewing filters.

I use CreoView with the ECAD additions for other things, like reviewing board design data.  It would be cool to reduce the number of tools I need for circuit board reviews.

I've tried to bring gerbers into CreoView, and it works but does not overlay them all like the Viewmate tool.  I'm fairly new to CreoView, so I'm guessing there's a way to load them all into the same viewer and manage layers accordingly, but so far I can only get two layers to overlay at one time.  Not extremely helpful to see the big picture.

What am I missing here?  I've hunted around PTC's help and the website for guidance, but thus far have only found information for comparing two layers or loading a layer at a time for review.

Anyone have guidance on using CreoView ECAD in the same manner as GerbView or Viewmate?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

wow, that's really sad, no replies in 5 years. i have the same question today. i can open individual Gerber files with Creo View, but I cannot open multiple Gerber files in Creo View. When I open a second one, it closes the first one. i am using Creo View MCAD with the Creo View ECAD Adapters. anyone know if we can open all the Gerber files in a muli-layer format with Creo View ECAD? 

Top Tags