cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Variable group creation question

ptc-4286115
1-Newbie

Variable group creation question

Is it possible to create a variable group that could produce some of the examples I have shown below?

vargroup.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With variable groups the content in each cell would have to be consitent, meaning either 1 port or two ports thus it is not possible to vary the number of ports in each cell

If you can reconfigure the layout of the shape so that you can control the configuration by cell then you would be all set

make sense?

thanks

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4286115)

I think that would be good for a family table.

The family table would turn itemns on and off as required.

The text and P/N would be defined in your family table also.

With variable groups the content in each cell would have to be consitent, meaning either 1 port or two ports thus it is not possible to vary the number of ports in each cell

If you can reconfigure the layout of the shape so that you can control the configuration by cell then you would be all set

make sense?

thanks

Jim

I've seen how family table are used on the modeling side of Creo/ProE but I didn't know they are used in Creo Schematics also. Is it anything like datasets? How would I go about creating family tables for parts like these? Any info you can provide would be much appreciated.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4286115)

If this needs to be done in Creo Schematics, I am not familiar with that. So I will have to defer on that answer.

I was looking at how I would have a drawing with representations of 4 different instances of a family table on the drawing showing the various ports of the model.

Top Tags