cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Who uses Variants in Altium?

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Who uses Variants in Altium?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this group and am tasked with implementing the WGM for Altium here at Steelcase (Windchill 10.1 M040 and Altium Designer 17.  Yes it works but not supported).  I'm struggling with the usage of Altium Variants (akin to Creo family tables) and BOM generation.  For those of you who are EEs and use the Altium Variant functionality I have a few questions:

1. Is your [No Variations] BOM the same as your Primary or Design BOM within the WGM?  Or do you manually remove the Design BOM in the Manage BOMs UI?
  2. We use a lot of Creo family tables at Steelcase and the Generic doesn't get a WTPart and BOM.  We number our WTParts with a 7 digit root and 3 digit extension for each instance.  Therefore the first family table instance gets a "001" extension.  How do you number your [No Variations] BOM?
  3. Do you use Project or Variant parameters in your OutJobs to assist with file naming?  If so, how is it done?

I would love to have a conference call with someone who is using Altium Variants to discuss this topic (616-947-2110).

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags