cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Wildfire 4 M210, Windows 7 64bit - Vericut won't start, java error?

egifford
4-Participant

Wildfire 4 M210, Windows 7 64bit - Vericut won't start, java error?

We've been on Wildfire 4 since early this year with Intralink 3.4 M062 as the data management tool. As the year has progressed we have been replacing the users' hardware and moving to 64 bit Windows 7 from 32 bit XP (getting ready for Creo 2 and Windchill 10). Now that we're replacing the PCs in the NC department, Vericut no longer starts for the guys. A command prompt window appears to blink and what appears to be a java error is written to the user's working directory. I submitted a call to PTC and they suggested uninstalling Java from the computer and installing the latest version. Did that, nothing has changed. Has anyone else had issues with the version of Vericut included with Wildfire 4 (6.2?) running on a 64 bit Windows 7 PC? Any suggestions for a fix? I'm attaching the error file that is output when the user attempts to run a verification using Vericut.

Thanks!

Erik

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Erik,

Put the Pro/ECD back into the computer, and make sure you installed Vericut and Java by clicking Options.

Thanks,

Kent 269-663-5515

egifford
4-Participant
(To:egifford)

Kent,

The problem appears to happen only when running the Pro/E session connected to Intralink 3.4 M062 on Win7 64. If I start Pro/E without Intralink, vericut starts just fine. I'm thinkinga java conflict exists because of the version Intralink is running and possibly because of a couple of tweaks it requires to run properly on Winy (start Javaw.exe in Vista compatibility mode).

Erik

Top Tags