cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Wildfire 4 M210, Windows 7 64bit - Vericut won't start, java error? - repost from CAM group

egifford
4-Participant

Wildfire 4 M210, Windows 7 64bit - Vericut won't start, java error? - repost from CAM group

posting this to Admin group in addition to the CAM group

We've been on Wildfire 4 since early this year with Intralink 3.4 M062 as the data management tool. As the year has progressed we have been replacing the users' hardware and moving to 64 bit Windows 7 from 32 bit XP (getting ready for Creo 2 and Windchill 10). Now that we're replacing the PCs in the NC department, Vericut no longer starts for the guys. A command prompt window appears to blink and what appears to be a java error is written to the user's working directory. I submitted a call to PTC and they suggested uninstalling Java from the computer and installing the latest version. Did that, nothing has changed. Has anyone else had issues with the version of Vericut included with Wildfire 4 (6.2?) running on a 64 bit Windows 7 PC? Any suggestions for a fix? I'm attaching the error file that is output when the user attempts to run a verification using Vericut.

Thanks!

Erik

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
egifford
4-Participant
(To:egifford)

Recieved several suggestions ranging from reinstalling Pro/E from disc, checking version of vericut installed (32 bit / 64 bit), verifying 64 bit JRE is installed and applying fix outlined in TPI 149251. None of these fixed the issue.

I think the problem lies in the fact we're using Intralink 3.4 M062. On windows 7 the javaw.exe located in the %intralink_load_point%\i486_nt\jre\bin has to be set to compatibilty for Windows Vista SP2. Without that the Intralink client application won't start. If I export the Pro/E files and start Pro/E without Intralink, the non-linked session starts vericut just fine. Basically, I think it's a conflict between the javaw.exe running for Intralink 3.4 and the javaw.exe that Vericut is attempting to run at startup. Does anyone know if I can just replace something in the jre in the Intralink install so both Intralink and Vericut will run and play nice together?

Erik

Does anyone know how to create a family table part such that each instance is a different color for Wildfire 4.0
I tried various techniques but haven't found anything to work yet. The part will be part of a standard library file.
What paramater could you add that would like to each color unique to that instance.

Also, anyone find problems with Teamcenter 8 and versions of Java installed on Winxp?

Anyone find how to best translate files with feature from UG 6 -- WF 4.0??

Regards,
Evan Coffield

(To:egifford)

Hi all,

Erik,

Try to edit proev.bat which could be found in $proe_install/bin directory. This file is called by pro/e internally to start a vericut session. At least, you could remove '@echo off' statement and insert 'pause' command in couple places to pinpoint a problem.

HIH.

Feliks.

In Reply to Erik Gifford:

Recieved several suggestions ranging from reinstalling Pro/E from disc, checking version of vericut installed (32 bit / 64 bit), verifying 64 bit JRE is installed and applying fix outlined in TPI 149251. None of these fixed the issue.

I think the problem lies in the fact we're using Intralink 3.4 M062. On windows 7 the javaw.exe located in the %intralink_load_point%\i486_nt\jre\bin has to be set to compatibilty for Windows Vista SP2. Without that the Intralink client application won't start. If I export the Pro/E files and start Pro/E without Intralink, the non-linked session starts vericut just fine. Basically, I think it's a conflict between the javaw.exe running for Intralink 3.4 and the javaw.exe that Vericut is attempting to run at startup. Does anyone know if I can just replace something in the jre in the Intralink install so both Intralink and Vericut will run and play nice together?

Erik

Top Tags