cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Wire won't route through network

ptc-5503671
1-Newbie

Wire won't route through network

I'm having a bit of a problem with a wire routing. When I create a new wire, I am unable to get the routing to process. I am unable to understand why this is, as the following conditions have been met:

1) network is continuous

2) spool is assigned

3) bend radius is adequate

4) the CSYS at both ends are undesignated. (designated on the fly)

5) "allow undesignated" is checked on both start and end locations

6) both CSYS are on the network path

The spool that is being used has been previously used to route hundreds of cables. To add to the frustration, I am unable to find any information regarding why this wire fails. No command feedback, no prompt info, nothing. The last bit of advice at the prompt, is to enter the ending point for the selected routing entry.

Obviously, a solution is great - but along with it, any tips or tricks for diagnosing routing failures would be more than appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Matt

Has the wire routed using simple route? If no then there is a problem with the connection points

If it does route with simple route then there is a problem with the network path, but there should be some information as to what the problem is

Just solved this one before I got your reply.

The wire was routed through network, not simple route. (per #1 and #6 above) After a deeper inspection, the first network segment was found to be .00005" off of the starting CSYS. I replaced the first vertex on the network segment with the origin point of the starting CSYS.

Is there a way to set a different threshold? That minute number should not be cause for failure - at least not in our simple routings.

Thank you.

Top Tags